
WorkBuddy Won't Auto-Summarize Store Receipts, Stuck at the Categorization Step — Anyone Else Hit This?
Title: WorkBuddy — trying to get it to auto-summarize my shop's receipts, stuck at the categorization step, anyone run into this?
WorkBuddy handles the receipt work — it saves me half the effort, but the other half I still have to watch myself.
First, a timeline note: I only started using WorkBuddy at the end of July. There was a post earlier that said I'd used it for three months — that was a date error. As of now, it's two months at most.
My crummy shop is slammed every day. The most annoying part at closing time is reconciling accounts — purchase orders, takeout refund screenshots, employee morning inspection sheets, a pile of stuff spread across the table. I'd seen a post about Kingdee AI Xingchen saying you can just take a photo and it books the entry, simple enough that you don't need to learn anything. I figured, can WorkBuddy do the same? So I dumped the day's receipt photos and a few PDFs from my phone into one folder and had it categorize and summarize on its own.
Tried it twice, results weren't quite right.
First time, it mixed takeout platform refund screenshots in with purchase orders, and the resulting table had the account column completely empty. I made a new folder, separated by date, ran it again — most got recognized, but two crooked purchase order photos had the shop name misread as someone else's. And the remarks column often gets dropped — handwritten stuff like "two baskets of greens from Sister Wang" it basically doesn't recognize.
I'm not sure if it's my folder structure being wrong, or an image quality issue. From my testing, clear-text PDFs get recognized okay, but phone screenshots are hit or miss.
I've been using WorkBuddy seriously for two months now. I've figured out the spreadsheet side somewhat, but the moment images and handwriting come up, I'm stuck. I want to ask the veterans on the forum: do you dump all receipts into one folder, or sort by type first before running it? Also that remarks column — is there any way to stop it from dropping entries? My bar isn't high — just getting a summary table I can read myself is enough, ugly formatting is fine. Anyone run it this way?
Physix Frontier