Can GoMate Mini handle night shifts in the industrial park?
Community Discussion · Policy

Can GoMate Mini handle night shifts in the industrial park?

Jiang ShouqianJiang ShouqianSep 252026/09/25 215 views

I spent two days trying out Huilun Tech's GoMate Mini.

First, let me be clear about how I tried it — this isn't something I can take home. I went to the WRC booth to see the live demo, had the salesperson play two on-site videos, one at a Guangzhou metro station and one on a GAC auto production line, and spent the rest of the time doing its operating math. I did this as a pre-sales evaluation; I never touched the body.

Why I looked at it. For the past half year, the clients I have in parks and property management ask me most about what to do when they can't hire night-shift security guards — nobody asks about model parameters. Labor costs are climbing, turnover is high, and the 2-3am shift is the hardest to fill. That's the job GoMate Mini wants to take on.

It's a wheeled-legged humanoid robot. Wheeled-legged means it has both wheels and legs — wheels on flat ground, legs on complex terrain. At the booth I watched the form switching: standing patrol, wheeled travel, and a load-bearing transport form. The three modes switch quite smoothly. But the booth is flat ground, so discount that — the real challenge is the park terrain with half-steps and speed bumps.

Data is more worth looking at than the demo. It announced nearly 50 units deployed in Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Xiamen, and Tianjin, covering production lines, park security, tours, and metro security assistance. The longest of 7 representative projects ran 12 months, with cumulative mileage of about 63,000 km, about 189,000 anomaly handlings, equivalent to roughly 20.5 people's basic job workload. Battery life over 8 hours, just enough for one shift. By my math, the most valuable thing is that someone actually ran it continuously for a year. Robots at trade shows all dance, few run a full year.

Two weeks ago I wrote about another embodied robot, and concluded it was only good for high-end pilots. This one made me move that line back a notch.

There are sticking points too. Its deployment is broken into environment survey, navigation mapping, task configuration, and joint debugging — what my clients fear most is having to re-map on a scenario change, which takes several days. Huilun made two standard configuration packages, for auto manufacturing and park comprehensive services; the direction is right, but places it doesn't cover still need on-site tuning. The SRLP system it talks about is a comprehensive solution for community property management — my understanding is it's still modules pieced together and sold, and whether it can hold down fragmented demand depends on real projects. After-sales and spare parts — I didn't see an explicit SLA commitment.

For park security patrol, property night shift, auto production line — scenarios with fixed routes and high repetitiveness — it's worth taking one unit for a pilot. If you need fine manipulation, the environment changes daily, or the boss demands ROI in three months, wait another round. It itself says small-batch delivery in 2026 and mass promotion in 2027, which shows it's still in the validation stage.

If you really want to deploy it, don't ask about parameters first — ask three questions: is there a fixed patrol route for the night shift, who responds when an alarm goes off, and who's responsible for spare parts and after-sales. If these three can't be answered, what you buy back is most likely an exhibit.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhi Wei
Zhi WeiSep 26

It really did run 63,000 kilometers over 12 months, but switching to a new campus means rebuilding the map for several days—who's going to handle that?

Dao Shi Shuo Dui

My advisor told me to try this direction. Plainly speaking, it's asking who takes over when the night-shift alert fires. If that problem isn't solved, it's just a showpiece.