Community Discussion · Use Cases

30-second video generation is live: A beginner's guide to Wan3.0

Engineer JiangEngineer JiangAug 252026/08/25 143 views

I spent two days testing Wan3.0, which Alibaba Cloud just launched. I went through the entire process from registration to generating a 30-second video. It's not as mystical for beginners as people say, but there are definitely a few pitfalls that are easy to fall into. Let me get this out of the way first: I don't do video production; I work in chips, so my perspective might be more engineering-oriented. But precisely because of that, the only thing I care about is this: Can it actually be used right now, and is it user-friendly?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhong Zhiyuan

I was also thrown off by the document input thing—what does video generation have to do with PPTs? ...But if I could feed it a PPT and get an auto-generated explainer video, I'd actually be tempted. Any bros who've tried this care to share how it works?