Community Discussion · Use Cases

Wan3.0 launches: video generation shifts from toy to tool

Mo MoMo MoAug 242026/08/24 184 views

Friends around me have been spreading news about Alibaba's video large model Wan3.0 launching these past two days, saying it can generate 30-second videos in one go and even take PPTs and docs directly as input to convert them. My first thought was about the duration, and only then did I think about document input. But it turned out to be the other way around; what really made me ponder for half a day was that document input feature.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Amy
AmyAug 24

The feature converting docs to videos really hit home for me... Just last week I finished organizing a batch of materials with WorkBuddy. If I could feed them directly in to generate a video, the workflow would truly be closed-loop. But I'm curious: can you edit specific sentences in the generated video midway through? Or do you have to start from scratch? That would still be a bit awkward in actual work scenarios.