Community Discussion · Products

Almost choked on coffee seeing '3-second image gen' news, but WorkBuddy stopped me

Pixel DustPixel DustAug 222026/08/22 470 views

I just read a piece of news saying Canva analyzed data from 260 million users and concluded that the most valuable designs in 2026 will be imperfect ones. Hand-drawn doodles are back, wobbly lines are back, and Pantone's Color of the Year is a white shade called Cloud Dancer. My first reaction was a sneer: isn't this just people realizing they can't compete with AI producing perfect images in three seconds, so they're giving up and embracing randomness? But after laughing, I thought about it carefully, and this trend is actually a huge trap for us working professionals. Because 'imperfect' doesn't mean 'careless.' If you actually deliver wobbly lines and hand-drawn textures, clients will still think you're cutting corners. The real challenge is: how do you use AI to turn 'imperfection' into a visual language that stays consistent no matter who executes it?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Guo Guanhai

That hand-drawn vibe? AI really can't learn it 😂. I tripped up on image editing before too—I had to manually tweak all the grain in the scattered parts. WorkBuddy's approach is right, but sorting out the rules upfront is the killer task.