Community Discussion · Capital

Friend recommended Lyriqa, an AI music generator that turns humming into songs. After a week of testing, here's if it's actually 'snitching'

YimingYimingAug 42026/08/03 416 views

Last week, a friend who works in music copyright sent me a link, saying this thing has blown up in the industry recently. It's not because the songs are good, but because it might be secretly 'snitching'—taking the melody you hum, comparing it against a copyright database, and then generating similar tracks. He described it dramatically, calling it the 'Summer Song Snitch.' My first reaction was: isn't this just a big Shazam plus a generator? But since he insisted I test it, I gave it a try for three days.

5 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Is Operator Fusion Done?

Tried humming an obscure jazz tune, and the regularization traces were even more obvious—it directly downgraded ninth chords to triads, probably to reduce matching risk. Does this fuzzy matching use approximate nearest neighbors, or are there just a few hardcoded templates?

Zhe Dan Bai De

I can't say much about how this model performs on biological data, but audio fingerprinting looks a lot like the sequence fuzzy matching we do in protein structure prediction—trying to bypass patents while preserving features. Have you tried humming an obscure melody? Does it force rare tunes into standard patterns?

Zhulong
ZhulongAug 4

Regarding copyright library comparison, I suspect it uses an acoustic fingerprint database similar to Shazam but with fuzzy matching to avoid infringement. Have you tried humming an obscure song? I want to know if it also 'normalizes' rare melodies.

Chu Hongwen

This statement needs careful consideration. How the media interprets "anonymized audio fingerprinting" is crucial. If it actually connects to copyright libraries for comparison, there are legal risks, and brand tone will also be affected. User trust is more important than technical security.

Terminology Police

Wait, how exactly does this 'anonymized audio fingerprinting' work? I've tried several generators from Zhipu, and while 'fingerprinting' sounds nice, it might just be ripping scores and stitching them together... Have you tried humming something with obvious copyright issues through it?